About this course
This course will provide you with practical steps and activities for making a decision about how to decide on work to be outsourced, finding suitable contractors, managing them and then measuring their performance.
The course covers the essential skills required to successfully engage and manage contractors through understanding basic law and contractor management best practices.
The course is designed for people currently working with contractors and having to source and manage them and for those who are interested in the field. Whether you are managing complex and multiple contractors or just want to improve your day-to-day dealings with contractors, this course will enhance your current skill set.
The course is aimed at:
- people responsible for contract administration
- buyers responsible for contract strategy
- managers who do day-to-day supervision
- engineering managers and other role players involved in the contract management process
determine what should be done in-house and what should be outsourced
make informed decisions about which contractor to use for which work
effectively contract contractors
manage the contractors as they complete the agreed work
measure and report on the performance of contractors according to SLA and agreed KPIs.
Who should attend?
- Maintenance managers
- Asset care managers
- Business area managers
- Facility managers
- Asset care engineers
Format and duration
24 notional hours blended learning comprising elearning and 6 x 2 hour virtual classroom contact sessions
- Knowledge to review and implement relevant contractor agreements.
- Ability to set up a suitable performance management system for contractors.
- Skills to set up and maintain effective partnerships with contractors.