About this course
This course will clarify their roles, explain reliability engineering in practical terms and give them the skills to calculate asset reliability and compile a Reliability Roadmap for the organisation.
With the pressure on asset managers and engineering managers to ensure that their ageing assets deliver better performance at a lower cost and risk, the need for competent reliability engineers has escalated.
Many large organisations are in the process of recruiting REs, resulting in a strong demand for practical training to effectively equip REs with the required competencies.
Unfortunately, many of the available courses are highly academic and theoretical, aggravated by the confusion about exactly what an RE should be doing.
Pragma has combined its 30 years of asset management experience with the expertise of some of our blue-chip clients to clarify the role of an RE and develop a unique training programme that would give them the technical, analytical and financial skills to fulfil these roles effectively.
Explain the role of the RE to achieve the organisation’s asset management objectives
Explain, calculate and interpret the different reliability functions for a simple asset
Interpret the failure profiles of components and relate them to the appropriate maintenance tactics
Identify the bottleneck asset in a process as the focus area for reliability improvement efforts Calculate the mean time between failure for an item
Compile a reliability block diagram for an asset system in order to calculate its reliability
Achieve quick reliability improvements by applying precision maintenance
Compile a reliability improvement strategy for an organisation
Who should attend?
- Reliability engineers
- Young engineers who are planning a career in reliability engineering
- Engineering/Asset managers who need to lead and guide reliability engineers
- Continuous improvement engineer
Format and duration
- 3-day classroom training
- 24 notional hours: blended learning comprising 6 x 4 hour virtual classroom sessions and online learning
- A role description for a reliability engineer
- Excel templates to calculate different reliability functions
- Reliability Engineering self-assessment
- Template for a RE Road Map