About this course
Train your Maintenance Supervisors and their peers to do effective root cause analysis in support of your focused improvement drive.
This practical course covers Level 2 problem solving, where a small multi-disciplinary team must solve a medium-sized technical problem within one to two weeks.
The focus of the course is on root cause analysis using a causal tree for a real-life scenario.
Explain the importance of effective problem solving to achieve the company’s objectives
Explain the principles, rules and traps for root cause analysis
Describe the three levels of problem solving and the role of the supervisors in it
Apply these rules to develop a logical causal tree for a given problem
Explain the steps in the IDMAIC problem solving process
Use evidence to identify and confirm the root cause(s) of the problem
Clearly define a given problem based on the available information
Identify and prioritise possible solutions to prevent a recurrence of the problem
Describe the importance of accurate data for effective problem solving and how it can be obtained
Who should attend?
- Maintenance Supervisors
- Production Supervisors
- Maintenance Planners
- Senior Technicians
Format and duration
- This course can either be delivered as VILT (Virtual Instructor Led Training) or face to face ILT (Instructor Led Training)
- 16 notional hours
- Participants will get a copy of a Level 2 Problem Solving template which they can take home and customise for future use.
Individual laptops are a requirement for this training for the following reasons:
- The root cause analysis will be done using an online brainstorming tool (Mural)
- The practical exercise requires the completion of a MS Word template
- A final knowledge quiz must be completed on the Pragma LMS
Problems are part of life. Unforeseen things happen and suddenly you need to make a plan. Work through an ongoing scenario and learn how to find the root cause of a problem to prevent it from happening again.